UPDATE – Covid-19
The Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) has closed its doors to all substantial hearings until 5 June 2020. Of course, this date could be extended depending on the Government’s ongoing updates / advice. However, even with the halt of substantive hearings, the MPTS will still hold urgent Interim Order Tribunal hearings. These will be held remotely using skype for business. Gordons are fully operational with this new technology and its lawyers have already attended hearings remotely. In addition to the IOT, the MPTS will also hold Review Hearings via skype for business. These could prove a little more complicated with witnesses being called to give evidence however, we are sure that the technology will stand the test.
The General Medical Council continue to investigate cases and, the Regulatory Team at Gordons continue to advise healthcare professionals throughout the current Covid-19 Crisis. If you would like to speak to us please ring Richard Creamer or Iain Pickering from our Regulatory team on 01483 451900 or alternatively email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We act only in the defence of medical professionals who are facing ever more numerous and complex regulatory issues. We have a team of specialists, including a former dentist, who offer advice to doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals on every aspect of their professional life.
We regularly advise medical professionals on a variety of areas and in particular GMC fitness to practise investigations. We will assist you from when the GMC notify you of their beginning of their investigation through to any subsequent GMC fitness to practise hearing. This includes:
- Providing initial advice and support during the referral and investigation stage
- Preparing a detailed written response to allegations raised by the GMC
- Representation at Interim Order Tribunal Hearings
- Representation at Medical Practitioners Tribunal Hearings
- Providing assistance with performance, health and assurance assessments
In addition to fitness to practice investigations we also assist medical professionals in other GMC matters including:
- Registration/Registration Appeals
- Appeals against the findings of a Medical Practitioners Tribunal
- Judicial Review proceedings
- Restoration applications
- Review hearings
Our Regulatory team have experience in providing specialist advice and representing medical professionals in all areas of GMC matters. We have assisted our clients in a wide variety of cases including inadequate treatment, poor record keeping, inappropriate prescribing, conduct issues and criminal cautions and convictions.
We do more than merely represent our healthcare clients at hearings. Our experience of the wider professional environment enables us to achieve the best possible outcomes whilst offering exceptional value for money.
We are proud to offer our clients a unique approach to GMC matters and feel that our level of expertise makes us a leading firm in this area of healthcare law.
We offer a free initial telephone consultation to all prospective clients. If you would like to speak to us please ring Richard Creamer or Iain Pickering from our Regulatory team on 01483 451900 or alternatively email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dental Practice - Vicarious Liability Claims - A review of three cases
- COVID-19: GDC’s position on regulation of the dental profession during the current crisis
- COVID-19: GDC’s position on registration
- GDC Registration for Dentists
- GMC Interim Orders on the basis of ‘public interest’