Update - Covid 19
Gordons are continuing to work remotely and are assisting members of the medical,dental and professions in respect of Healthcare Regulation Law. Please see either the GMC Lawyers, GDC Lawyers or Pharmacy page for the latest update. If you wish to speak to one of our Regulatory Team for advice on any areas of healthcare regulation then you can contact 01483 451900 and you will be put through to a member of our team. Alternatively, you can email either Richard Creamer at firstname.lastname@example.org, Iain Pickering at email@example.com or Susan Hunneyball at firstname.lastname@example.org who will respond to any queries you may have.
We act only in the defence of healthcare professionals who are facing ever more numerous and complex regulatory issues. We have a team of specialist regulatory lawyers, including a former dentist who act for a range of clients, often on instruction from their indemnity provider, including doctors, dentists, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals. The range of regulatory work routinely undertaken by our lawyers includes:
- Healthcare Fitness to Practise investigations - relating to conduct, health and performance issues (GMC, GDC, GPhC)
- Registration and Specialist Registration - applications and appeals.
- Healthcare Professionals restoration applications.
- Performers List investigations including suspension and consideration of removal hearings
- Pharmacist – fitness to practise and compliance investigations
- NHS Contract Issues including advising in respect of termination and breach notices and formal NHS Dispute resolution, Civil proceedings.
- NHS Counter Fraud and Criminal investigations
- NHS Pharmacy - market entry applications and appeals including applications for inclusion in the pharmaceutical list, distance selling applications and change of ownership applications.
- NHS Pharmacy – remuneration disputes and breach notices
- Pharmacy – premises issues and GPhC premises inspections
We can also provide representation at Coroner's Inquests and Public Inquiries.
We do more than merely represent our healthcare clients at hearings. Our experience of the wider professional environment enables us to achieve the best possible outcomes while offering exceptional value for money. We are proud to act for a leading Medical and Dental Defence organisation as well as our many individual healthcare professional clients.
Here are some of the comments about us from the people we work with:
“Gordons instruct us regularly on specialist medical claims and regulatory work. Their close-knit team has a wealth of experience and produces work of the highest standard. Gordons’ pragmatic approach enables us to work as a team, which invariably gives their clients an advantage”
Lee Johnson, Senior Clerk, 3 Serjeants Inn, Temple, London
“This niche department features prominently on our list to highly commend, for regulatory and claims”
Matthew Phipps, Senior Clerk, One Crown Office Row, Temple, London
“Gordons has established an excellent reputation in the areas of clinical negligence healthcare advisory and regulatory work. Their exceptional team of Defence lawyers still manages to provide a personal service while also handling quality work for healthcare practitioners”
Paul Barton, Senior Clerk, Outer Temple Chambers, Temple London
We offer a free initial telephone consultation to all prospective clients. If you would like to speak to us please ring Richard Creamer or Iain Pickering from our Regulatory team on 01483 451900 or alternatively email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where next for vape?
- Vaccinations: A Legal View
- Review: medicines reuse guidance
- COVID-19 Update: GDC’s Protocol regarding Remote Hearings
- Dental Practice - Vicarious Liability Claims - A review of three cases
- COVID-19: GDC’s position on regulation of the dental profession during the current crisis
- COVID-19: GDC’s position on registration
- The £10 bottle of hand sanitiser: Is it just supply and demand?
- GDC Registration for Dentists
- Community Pharmacy Consultation Service
- Top 10 regulatory issues affecting pharmacy industry
- GMC Interim Orders on the basis of ‘public interest’