Update - Covid 19
Gordons are continuing to work remotely and are assisting members of both the medical and dental profession in respect of Healthcare Regulation Law. Please see either the GMC Lawyers or GDC Lawyers page for the latest update. If you wish to speak to one of our Regulatory Team for advice on any areas of healthcare regulation then you can contact 01483 451900 and you will be put through to a member of our active team. Alternatively, you can email either Richard Creamer at email@example.com or Iain Pickering at firstname.lastname@example.org who will respond to any queries you may have.
We know it is not easy being a pharmacist in today’s regulatory environment.
We act only on behalf of pharmacy professionals and pharmacy businesses: our clients include individual pharmacists, independent pharmacies, local and national multiples and a representative body. Our level of expertise makes us a leading law firm in this area of healthcare law. Our pharmacy lawyers can offer advice to pharmacists on every aspect of their professional life including:
- Pharmacy market entry – making and opposing applications for inclusion in the pharmaceutical list. Watch our video below for an in-depth explanation about Pharmacy Inspections. We also advise on relocation, change of ownership, consolidation and other applications.
- NHS service issues - we can help with breach notices, withholding of remuneration, investigations regarding terms of service or commissioning issues. To find out more on legal issues to consider when providing the Community Pharmacy Consultation Service, read Susan’s article here
- Healthcare disputes - we act in criminal and fraud investigations, disputes relating to your commercial relationships, judicial reviews and inquests.
- Medicinal product and device regulation - we can advise on all aspects of medicines law and supply chains including hub and spoke arrangements.
- GPhC issues - we regularly advise pharmacy professionals on a variety of GPhC matters. We are most commonly asked to advise on Fitness to Practise issues, however, we also help with the registration of pharmacists, the registration and regulation of pharmacy premises and appeals if something has gone wrong.
In relation to Fitness to Practise, our pharmacy solicitors will assist you from when the GPhC first notify you of an investigation through to any subsequent fitness to practise hearing. This includes:
- Preparing a detailed written response to initial allegations raised by the GPhC.
- Preparing a further detailed written response to the Investigation Committee.
- Representation at Interim Order Hearings.
- Representation at Fitness to Practise Committee hearings.
Our Regulatory team has many years of experience in providing specialist assistance to healthcare professionals in all types of investigations. Our experience in working for pharmacists includes cases involving diversion of medicines from the supply chain, controlled drug offences and irregularities, allegations of misuse of patient returned medication, poor record keeping, convictions, fraud and false claims for remuneration, and other professional conduct issues.
We also act for pharmacists involved with the GPhC because of health concerns. We have unique expertise in relation to premises and premises inspections. Watch our video on Inspection of pharmacy premises is here.
Our experience of the wider professional environment pharmacists work within enables us to achieve the best possible outcomes whilst offering exceptional value for money.
We offer a free initial telephone consultation to all prospective clients. If you would like to speak to us please ring Susan Hunneyball or Richard Creamer from our Regulatory team on 01483 451900 or alternatively email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll be happy to help, whatever your problem.