Commercial property law covers all aspects of the purchase, use and management of property used for business purposes. This includes the granting, purchase and sale of commercial leases, commercial funding, complex investment and development agreements. Commercial property has its own complex set of rules which control the use of property and govern the relationship between landlords and tenants. These rules differ from those governing residential property transactions.
Commercial property solicitors are tasked with explaining and applying this complex area of law in many different situations. We have an experienced team of specialist commercial property lawyers, based both in our London and Guildford offices who provide a comprehensive and practical service covering all aspects of commercial property work.
Specialist commercial property lawyers who are experts in:
- Purchase and sale of freehold and leasehold properties
- Investment portfolio management
- Helping landlords and tenants avoid pitfalls when agreeing the initial terms of a deal
- Negotiating leases and other documents on behalf of both landlords and tenants
- Terminating leases (including issues arising from dilapidations)
- Environmental matters
- Property development, including; obtaining funding, site assembly and exit strategies including plot sales and disposals
- Options and overages
- Landlord and Tenant Act, from lease renewals to preparation and service of notices
- Secured lending
- Bridging loans and short-term property finance
Our pragmatic approach and efficiency mean that we can provide cost effective quality advice to all. We have acted for clients in a range of sizes, from bank and Building societies and major high street names to individuals and SMEs.
Our broad experience helps us to anticipate, understand and resolve the key issues in any transaction and find rapid, practical resolutions.
Our clients appreciate our commercial outlook and commitment to getting the deal done:
“Thanks very much for your hard work and support over the recent years in [our] store opening program... I look forward to opening many more stores with you in the future!”
“It was good to feel that our lawyers were helping us to get the deal done, as opposed to throwing up obstacles”
We are able to help with all your commercial property related problems - If you have any issues relating to property disputes (such as non-payment of rent, issues with repairs, etc.), contact our property litigator Niall Mullins for further details.
Contact our commercial property team on 01483 451 900 (Guildford), 020 7424 9421 (London), email us on email@example.com or alternatively make an online enquiry here.