Alongside our regulatory practice within the health and social care sectors, we also advise on a range of corporate, commercial and employment matters.
Our experience tells us that where care providers are well run businesses, they are increasingly more likely to provide a high level of care. We are able to act on the commercial issues and operational tie-ups that effect this. We can provide this service alongside and independently of our regulatory advice.
We act for a range of businesses that service the sector, including care providers, care and management consultants and insurance providers.
We have experience of advising on a range of commercial areas within the sector including:
- Acquisitions and disposals of businesses requiring registration with Care Quality Commission, Ofsted, Care Inspectorate Wales and Healthcare Inspectorate Wales;
- Commercial and personal debt recovery;
- Shareholder and consultancy agreements;
- Terms of trading;
- Data protection and GDPR;
- Contentious and non-contentious employment issues;
- Director’s duties and corporate governance generally; and
- General commercial disputes.
Our clients find it reassuring to know they are being advised by lawyers that have regulatory experience and in-depth knowledge of the sector. This means we are able to take into account the unique pressures of operating within the health and social care sector for businesses of various sizes.
Our commercial and responsive approach allows us to consistently provide our clients with a unique combination of expertise and value for money in the competitive market place for legal services.